Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PHOTOSHOP MIDTERM PROJECT


This project is in memory of my Grandmother, Ada, who was so excited that I was a computer science major since we were related to Ada Lovelace, who is credited with being the first computer programmer. The large image on the right is the difference machine. She also worked on the analytical engine. Some schematics of that are in the background along with her mathematical equations. I took so many images here and overlapped and blended them that I almost lost track. There were formulas, schematics, photos, drawings, and text. Desaturating and colorizing was fun. Trying to make the text flow and space properly was a bit of a challenge.

It took a while to find the "just right" old fashioned typewriter font.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your work, Pattie! It's exciting that you're able to combine your creativity and artistic sensibility with technology.
    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete