Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Friday, November 13, 2009

first acrylic practice



Well, I had a bunch of green paint from the acrylic painting party I attended with my daughter, so I thought I would try to paint one time in acrylic. It just reinforced my feeling that I really do prefer watercolor! I did, however, have a good time with the "cast" material making the shawl 3-d. It made the picture fun. I think the background is really boring, but I didn't know what to do with it. I am not sure that I am done yet. I may work on the shirt a bit more...or not. Oh, I guess I forgot to finish the shawl texture and highlights on the left where I added some more length...I'll get to that too.
So, here it is...the one and only acrylic... boring?

5 comments:

  1. Not boring at all! To the contrary, it's very interesting and has a strong design. Keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find this boring at all, I like the background understated it draws attention to the subject. Great lighting and shadow, it looks done to me, the composition is good and I love the monochromatic, well done, I think you should experiment with acrylic some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the triangle gets repeated in the legs, the neckline, and shawl. I wouldn't touch the background. I think the pattern in the shawl is so much more interesting because the background is simple. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the strong contrast in this monochromatic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope! it's not boring, so if that's the look and feeling you were going for...then you've failed!

    this painting is great! it has wonderful atmosphere and mood! makes you wonder what she's looking at..and who she even is in the first place! well done.

    both acrylic and watercolour are my favourite painting mediums! but pens and pencils and pencil crayons do it for me too!

    i'm now following you...love meeting up with fellow artists and creative types here in blogland....i do hope you take a minute to pop on over to my site too!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here!

    ReplyDelete