Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Tuesday, October 6, 2009

DAYDREAM




When I found out that the theme for the upcoming SCVWS (Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society) show was linear visions, an idea immediately came to mind. I had a photo of my daughter daydreaming and one of a serene lake scene. I decided to marry the two pictures in a LINEAR way...kind of like a vertical venetian blind look. It turned out almost exactly like I wanted with two exceptions: The paint was bleeding under the tape used to make the lines at the bottom and the lit up area of the sun in the landscape is not as bright as I intended. Overall, however, I still like it. It is not my typical painting and it is bigger than my usual 9x12 painting (It is 18x24). So, here it is... my first entry in a juried show.

5 comments:

  1. I like your painting and your idea. Wonderful.
    From Chile. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, you really pulled it off. It really makes you stop and look, you should be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Nicely done; I wonder if it didn't get a bit complicated keeping the images straight! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. It was not too confusing since I taped one picture off while painting the other and then taped off the complete one and painted the second. The tape worked great on top but leaked a litle with the darks on the bottom. I tried the good 'ol magic eraser to get rid of some of the dark trees that were bleeding onto the arms of the other picture. The sunset was not as bright as I would have liked. I guess I should have masked out the main sun area. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete