Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Friday, July 31, 2009

Snuggly Delight


I wanted to do a painting for the local watercolor society show but my other painting was not working out, so ....after returning from vacation and having only one day to figure it out, I searched my photo archives for ideas and started this at 11pm. I finished at 4am. It's all I have so I'm stickin' to it. I really liked the energy of the photo and the strong lighting. I changed some of the colors but kept the general feel of it.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice Pattie, Great job. I like the expression, colors and the fantastic light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am drawn to scenes with bright light and dark shadows and great expressions...no high key stuff for me! I am really working on simplifying and emphasizing the highlights for mood. I never really painted people (just sketched them in school when I was bored) before but that seems to be mostly what I have done this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie, I think you've outdone yourself! You continue to inspire me (please keep it up! LOL!). I absolutely love the expression on her face and the play of shadows is marvelous! Plus, it looks so light and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pattie, I think you've outdone yourself! You continue to inspire me! (Keep it up!). I love the expression on her face and the way you played with light and shadow, so fresh and lively! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawww so cute! and really fantastic, cant believe you were up so late and can paint like that!!!! very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie-In addition to a darling facial expression, you really captured the hair and teddy bear textures well. Terrific work on the shadows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pattie, You are amazing. I love how you've cropped the picture as well. The hand turns back in from the edge of the page to point you at those incredible eyes that just sparkle with energy. You definitely captured the feeling. I just smile when I look at it!

    ReplyDelete