Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pondering Life

I thought I would make an exercise of simplifying, modifying colors, and loosening up a bit. I think I was successful with the first two, I am not so sure about the loose part. I stay pretty tight still.

5 comments:

  1. Just wonderful!!Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I was thinking I was staying on top of things posting my little study and you go and paint THREE more original paintings! How do you do it?! And, yes, I do think you are loosening up, especially the one of Justin! I'm off to search for my next victim....err...subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming pair of paintings of your children! The mood is soft and atmospheric, and so much personality comes through. You're turning out so much work thay you need to change your blog name from "Pixel Pattie" to "Prolific Pattie."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you went after the shapes in the shadows on the face and on the reflections in the glasses. I think it makes it much more interesting and dynamic. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Your work is delightful! I hope you're doing lots more!

    ReplyDelete