Welcome to my blog. This blog captures my journey in art exploration and provides a place for me to share with my art friends and others and to receive critiques and input. Please also feel free to visit my website at PIXELPATTIE.WEBS.COM and like my Facebook page: Pattie Foxhoven Watercolors .



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Still Life 9-12

And the still life still lives...
#9 was another boring way to paint the same. I was learning to paint large washes and playing with the colors and paints. I usually paint on 9x12 papers or smaller, so this is all new to me.
#10 I broke free again. The bottle and vases are still there. Can you see them? This one was really fun.
#11 I was really trying to make the still life more interesting but did not execute this as well as I had hoped to.
#12 I couldn't change the still life, so I added water life to it here. This one was great fun as I could picture it in my head before I started. I tried to take all my lessons in light, shadow, shape, etc into account here and actually plan my picture. I did not do value sketches by hand, but I did create a little picture in photoshop with the paintbrush to model this ahead of time. I think that is a little unconventional but I prefer doing the early planning with a digital sketch instead of the paper one.

1 comment:

  1. Atta Girl, Patty!! You are doing great! Hanging in is making you dig down where you might not have gone before this class. I can see you have much to say with your art and that your talent is VERY strong. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete